I recently bought a car 🙂
It’s the 1st car that I’ve owned and so far I’ve been very happy with it. This is my unsolicited, layman review of the Proton Persona.
The model I have is the High Line 2010 model (Elegance facelift) which costs RM59,499. It comes with:
- 1.6-litre Campro IAFM engine
- Leather interior upholstry
- Automatic transmission
- Pre-tinted windows
- Dual air bags
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Disc brake
- Fog lamps
- Turning lamps on side mirrors
- Blaupunkt car stereo with USB port
- Stereo controls on steering wheel
- Auto cruise
- Free Proton-Lokatoo GPS unit
In the past 2 weeks that I’ve been driving the new Persona, I’ve found it to be a very smooth and comfortable ride. It feels responsive and has pretty good pick up when I put my foot on the accelerator. It’s nicer to drive than my mom’s Hyundai Getz and is definitely comparable to a Honda City.
I’ve enjoyed the nice features like auto cruise, remote boot open and have been piling lots of stuff into the spacious boot–it fits 2 baby strollers with space to spare! Fuel consumption seems to be pretty efficient. A full tank is about RM60-70 and can last for almost 600km.
Not so good–dashboard layout is a little weird, the glove compartment seems a little small. The provided GPS unit is also a dud, too difficult to use and feels cheap. Also, I feel that leg room in the back seat is a bit small, but that’s just me.
Overall, I’m super happy with the car. At less than RM60k, it’s superb value for money and has got more features than something like the Toyota Vios J model. If you’re considering buying a sedan, I highly recommend checking out the Proton Persona.
- Paul Tan: Proton Persona Elegance facelift – FULL DETAILS!
- Autoworld.com.my: Proton Persona Elegance – Superb value for money