HootSuite bills itself as a ‘social media dashboard for teams using Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn’. However many people like me simply use it as a Twitter client. However, it’s one heck of a Twitter client which definitely deserves your attention if you manage multiple Twitter accounts or use social media for marketing. It was also a winner in the recent Mashable Awards for Best Social Media Management Tool. Plus, the owl mascot is super cute
HootSuite has steadily been adding features in 2010. Some highlights:
- Post to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, MySpace, PingFm and more.
- Lots of integrations with 3rd party services e.g. Ning, Salesforce, ConstantContact, Google Analytics
- iOS, Android & BlackBerry apps
- Stats that you can print and export
- Scheduled tweets, now in bulk
- Auto-tweet RSS feeds, with Google Analytics integration
HootSuite’s service comes in 2 tiers – Free and Pro. The Free account is fully featured and in no way crippled, and is enough for most user’s needs. The Pro account is geared towards agencies and larger businesses with its team collaboration features.
Try it out – http://hootsuite.com